Which roles will the transatlantic partners play in the future international economic order? What are the challenges and opportunities of the rise of new powers like China and India? Which advantages and disadvantages would a Transatlantic Free Trade Zone have? German and US American experts from business, politics, academia and media will discuss these questions at CDU/CSU Parliamentary Group`s transatlantic conference on Wednesday, the 9th of May 2012 from 2:00 pm until 6:00 pm on the topic of “Building the Future of the Transatlantic Economic Partnership”.
At this stage, we would like to bring this event taking place in the convention hall of the CDU/CSU Parliamentary Group in the German Bundestag’s Reichstag building in Berlin to your attention. Confirmed participants are, among others:
- Philip D. Murphy, Ambassador of the United States of America
- Friedrich Merz, Chairman, Atlantik-Brücke e.V.
- Dr. Richard Pott, Member of the Board of Directors, Bayer AG
- Laura Lane, President Global Public Affairs, United Parcel Service (UPS)
- Matthias Wissmann, President, German Association of the Automotive Industry (VDA)
Please save this date as we would be very pleased to welcome you to our conference in Berlin.
Philipp Mißfelder MdB
Foreign Policy Spokesman of the CDU/CSU-Parliamentary Group
Peter Beyer MdB
Special Rapporteur of the CDU/CSU-Parliamentary Group on Transatlantic Relations